Group IT Infrastructure Project Manager
We are the drivers of the future who offer a great variety of global business and investment opportunities. We mainly focus on renewable energy (Modus Energy, Green Genius), mobility services (CityBee), smart parking solutions (“City Parking Group“), and auto business. Today we unify 18 automobile brands, including Porsche, Bentley, BMW, Fiat, Maserati and other big names of car industry. The fields that we invest in follow the same key guidelines: they are all about investing into the future, working smart and trusting green!
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager must possess a demonstrated ability to efficiently manage and deliver complex projects as well as interactive soft skills and must be able to understand cross-project interdependencies, identify gaps or overlaps and negotiate scope adjustments not only with the corresponding project managers but also with executives and sponsors. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager requires a solid understanding of and practical experience using formal methodologies including demonstrating the ability to realistically adjust predefined processes to project needs and take corrective actions as required to ensure delivery of projects with complete scope, at desired quality, on time and within budget or suggests these actions to the guided/mentored project managers.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will be involved in project initiation and strategic project alignment to business objectives, including analysis and negotiation with executives for cross-project integration. The role guides, mentors and performs project planning based on predefined scope for all Infrastructure knowledge areas (Client, Server/Storage, Networking/Telecom, Security). This role contributes to process and methodological improvement based on performance analysis, lessons learned, and project archives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate project plan details for Infrastructure teams: Network, Telecom, Client, Server, Security, Software License, etc.;
- Manages end-to-end strategic projects, budget and team;
- Interface with other Project Managers within IT and the business to ensure team plans are linked;
- Capture and maintain milestone targets and status in accordance with requirements.
- High degree of experience managing Infrastructure Technologies is critical;
- Coordinates managers, engineers, architects, and contractors assigned to deliver tasks of complex projects;
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects that most likely includes sub-projects managed by project leaders or coordinators;
- Goal oriented and action-focused, exceptional at planning, organizing, delegating and team motivation;
- Advanced leadership and general management skills;
- Advanced communication, negotiation, conflict resolution capabilities;
- Participate in project and IT resource planning;
- Manage project risks and issues, escalating for resolution if necessary;
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities frequently alter work plans, or require multitasking to achieve desired outcome;
- Requires solid analysis, planning and organizational skills; capable of managing and reporting on projects throughout the project life cycle;
- Provide subcontractor management.
- Knowledge of PM methodology, tools and techniques (typically a PMP);
- Contributes to process and methodological improvements based on performance analysis, lessons learned, archives, etc.;
- Establish measure and monitor adherence to quality standards and plans that focus on continuous improvements;
- Assist with budget creation and forecasting of project costs;
- Must understand the strategic alignment of IT projects to business needs and objectives;
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational environment and projects alignment to corporate objectives;
- Understand the customer or user’s perspective, anticipate and respond to the customer’s needs appropriately with a sense of commitment;
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Demonstrates team work and a positive attitude toward work and others;
- Demonstrates continuous learning;
Demonstrates team members are cross-trained.
- 5+ years of technology Project Management experience, or relevant business or team leadership;
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.) and industries;
- Experience in working with Outside Service Providers;
- Must have demonstrated project management ability for large project implementations;
- Understanding of Project Management and Application/System Development Lifecycles methodologies;
- Ability to work successfully with both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Demonstrated ability to use standard project management tools effectively, specifically with utilization of MS-Project.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong Team Leadership/Communication Skills;
- Ability to Influence: Team members will not be direct reports;
- Familiarity with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK);
- Must be Technology savvy IT professional with BASIC understanding that covers the following:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Project Online;
- Knowledge of client operating systems Windows 7,10;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent experience;
- PMP or equivalent designation preferred;
Active membership in a professional association desired.
Here is what to expect from the day you join our team onwards:
- How about working from a cafe or your own living room? Here at Modus Group you can work from anywhere (as long as it is compatible with our customers and your direct manager is informed);
- Competitive pay and great, unique variety of benefits;
- Highest quality training and development programs - all designed to suit your pace and time. Porsche or Bentley way of working, Accor hotel standards or business development strategies from the world trend conferences, all is on the menu;
- A network for sharing knowledge and best practices among colleagues and experts from different sectors and countries;
- Career opportunities within the businesses of the Group – no country is too far, no business is unfamiliar, no position is too high;
- A modern and lively office, with attentively designed areas for every moment of your work day whether it is a productive work, relaxation, collaboration or a chit-chat;
- And most important - freedom to think outside the box, create and realize your ideas.