We are the drivers of the future who offer a great variety of global business and investment opportunities. We mainly focus on renewable energy (Modus Energy, Green Genius), mobility services (CityBee), smart parking solutions (“City Parking Group“), and auto business. Today we unify 18 automobile brands, including Porsche, Bentley, BMW, Fiat, Maserati and other big names of car industry. The fields that we invest in follow the same key guidelines: they are all about investing into the future, working smart and trusting green!
You may think that finance is only banks, budgets, and Excel. Not here. Work at Modus Group Finance team is made of 50% analytics and 50% implementation of non-standard decisions. The financial vision of Modus Group is „really tasty” and the projects we undertake have no geographical boundaries. If you agree that finance can be “tasty”, join us!
We are looking for a Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. In the beginning, you will focus on the transition to IFRS. It means, you will be responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial statements and will provide analysis of differences between our local GAAP and IFRS and act as a primary point of contact and a subject matter expert with auditors and accountants.
As our Financial Controller you will:
- Preparing quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS within deadlines provided;
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings;
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Coordinating the annual audit process;
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business;
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Supporting month-end and year-end close processes;
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting (relevant energy sector entities only);
- Additional duties as necessary.
To be our perfect fit we expect you to:
- University degree in finance, economics or other numeric fields;
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting, finance and auditing experience;
- Participation in CFA and / or ACCA programs would be an advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in accordance with IFRS is a must;
- Experience with preparing consolidated financial statements;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- High level of proactivity and ability to manage several projects at a time;
- High level of spoken and written English (knowledge of Russian, Polish, and/or Spanish is an advantage).
Here is what to expect from the day you join our team onwards:
- How about working from a cafe or your own living room? Here at Modus Group you can work from anywhere (as long as it is compatible with our customers and your direct manager is informed);
- Competitive pay and great, unique variety of benefits;
- Highest quality training and development programs - all designed to suit your pace and time. Porsche or Bentley way of working, Accor hotel standards or business development strategies from the world trend conferences, all is on the menu;
- A network for sharing knowledge and best practices among colleagues and experts from different sectors and countries;
- Career opportunities within the businesses of the Group – no country is too far, no business is unfamiliar, no position is too high;
- A modern and lively office, with attentively designed areas for every moment of your work day whether it is a productive work, relaxation, collaboration or a chit-chat;
- And most important - freedom to think outside the box, create and realize your ideas.